Painstakingly built over a number of years, with all imported materials and finishes, “Matusadona Houseboat” is the epitome of style and comfort on the lake.
With a length of 28.6 meters, 6.85 meters jacuzzi. Finished in African hardwood timbers and furnished with rich fabrics, leather and Egyptian cottons, Matusadona has been described as “an intimate luxury lodge on the water”.
With spacious air-conditioned cabin accommodation for up to seven passengers, situated right on the waterline, you’ll feel at one with nature. The gentle lapping of waves, the frequent grunt of the hippos, the distant lion’s roar, the cough of a leopard, the eerie cry of the Fish Eagle and all the attendant sounds of Africa – you’re in the real bush whilst cocooned in the lap of luxury.
speed-boat for transfers and, soon to be added to the fleet, a game-viewing pontoon, especially geared for water-based game viewing. A completely different experience to land- based game viewing, watching a herd of elephants coming down to drink, so close you can almost touch them, their calves frolicking in the water with their mothers suspiciously standing by, is a truly memorable experience.
On sweltering summer evenings, sip on refreshing cocktails in the Jacuzzi under the stars, or at the bar, and on the odd chilly African evening, warm up with a Cognac in the cosy saloon and watch a variety of wildlife documentaries. Travelling to a different and secluded mooring every day, you will always awaken to a new experience, be it on one of the numerous islands, up one of the rivers, or in the Matusadona National Park, these are experiences that many can only dream about.
Matusadona is perfect for an amazing family holiday, a romantic honeymoon or simply a break from ‘real’ life.
- Accommodation on board
- Activities operated by Matusadona
- Lake access and National Park Entry Fees
- All catering, including local beverages at the bar
- All fuel based on:
- Cumulative average operation of the main engines over a maximum of 3½ hours per day (start up to shut down).
- Combined average operation of generators over a maximum of 12 hours per day
- 4 Crew members
- Daily laundry service
- Positioning of Matusadona at either Marineland or Bumi Hills for boarding and disembarking.
- Road, air or other transfers to Matusadona
- Activities operated by third parties (Morning Game Drive at Bumi Hills Safari Lodge is offered at US$ 100 pp).