The Plains and Lake Safari allows you to experience 2 of the most complimentary camps and regions of the Southern and central parts of Kafue National Park in Zambia. Beginning in Livingstone and ending in Lusaka (or vice versa), the Lake and Plains Safari offers…
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
The Plains and Lake Safari allows you to experience 2 of the most complimentary camps and regions of the Southern and central parts of Kafue National Park in Zambia.
Beginning in Livingstone and ending in Lusaka (or vice versa), the Lake and Plains Safari offers the wide open spaces and game drive/safari walk focus of Nanzhila Plains Camp with the stunning game rich shorelines of Lake Itezhi-tezhi from Nanzhila Lake Camp.
These 2 areas give you both land and water based activities and a myriad of different wildlife and birding species to discover – it really is the best of both worlds!
An 8 night safari that explores the plains of the Southern section of the Kafue from Nanzhila Plains Camp followed by the incredible game rich shorelines of Lake Itezhi-tezhi from Nanzhila Lake Camp
- The Nanzhila Chalets or safari tents all have beautiful views over the dambo and the gauzed windows allow all the wonderful sounds of the African night to reach you clearly
- Game drives and safari walks around Nanzhila are bound to reveal a wide variety of wildlife and bird species including 4 out the Big 5!
- Your hosts at Nanzhila are the owners - Steve and Cindy Smith - which means you are assured of faultless attention to detail and hours of stories around the fire about life in the bush!
- The riverside accommodation at Kaingu is stunning with constant bird activity and the honking of hippos in the background. These well appointed safari tents are beautiful, comfortable and perfectly positioned
- The section of the Kafue River around Kaingu is stunning and the boat cruises and canoe trips are an absolute must on this trip to complement the game drive experience.
- As Kaingu is river-based, it offers a number of bird and wildlife species that are not found in Nanzhila so the combination of the 2 camps really gives you the full Kafue Safari feel
DAY 1 - 5
NANZHILA PLAINS SAFARI CAMPThis package begins in Livingstone with a 3 hour road transfer to Dundumwezi Gate where you will be met by the Nanzhila Plains safari team. Enjoy a game drive into camp and settle into the beautiful rooms with views over the dambo to enjoy a 3 night stay. Nanzhila is the closest true safari destination in Zambia to the Victoria Falls and enjoys nearly 3000sqkm to itself. An incredible variety of wildlife and birding species as well as a quite magnificent location overlooking the dambo make Nanzhila one of the most memorable safari camps in Zambia .
DAY 5 - 9
LAKE CAMP, LAKE ITEZHI-TEZHIAfter a hearty breakfast, we will head out over the plains and through the Ngoma Forest towards Lake Itezhi-tezhi (there is also the option of stopping to visit the Elephant Orphanage) before arriving at the ITT shoreline. Stopping at an appropriate shady spot, we will enjoy a picnic lunch watching the antics of the wildlife around the lake before meeting the team from Kaingu. Kaingu is magnificently situated in the riparian woodland on the banks of the Kafue River with stunning views. African finfoot, hippo and a wide variety of birdlife are on constant display and river based boat cruises and canoeing is a must on this portion of the Kafue River. Kaingu also conducts game drives in a stunning section of the Kafue National Park.
- National Park fees
- All meals
- All local drinks
- Safari activities
- Bed levies
- 1 free intercamp transfer and laundry
- Premium drinks
- Tips and gratuities
- External transfers.
Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing
No Details Found