Embark on a Mukuni Village tour with a local guide, who'll show you the landmarks of the place, introduce you to the people, and give you the opportunity to see the locals at work. Shop for souvenirs made by the Leya people at the local market. Make Mukuni Village a part of your Victoria Falls vacation plans
Witness the lifestyle, traditions, and rituals of the Leya people at Mukuni Village. A thriving village with more than 700 years of history and its own daily routine, this community provides an insight into a way of life that has remained virtually unchanged by global advances in technology.
- Items of personal nature
- Contribution in Kind
Chief Mukuni’s Village is a Royal village which was founded around the 13th Century. It is home to some 7,000 Leya people. The chief has invited visitors into his village to get a glimpse of how his people have lived for generations and to learn a little about their traditional customs and beliefs.
The Chief’s guides and the people of the village are more than happy to show visitors their huts and take you inside. Your guide will explain how the huts are built and decorated as well as introduce you to various craftsmen and women at work, they may even ask you to taste some traditional foods and beer.
This is a working village, not a purpose built tourist attraction, and it is a privilege to be welcomed into their lifestyle.
- Pick-up times are flexible depending on availability of the guide
- Private Trips/ Unique Hours – please request in advance
- Min 2, max 100 pax
- There is a craft market at Chief Mukuni’s village
- Large groups may be accommodated on request
- Each individual tour takes ± 2 hours including transfers
- Tours may be combined with other historical or cultural tours to make a half day or full day excursion.