Adventure through the Luangwa Valley on a nine day safari, uncovering new and exciting areas of both parks! Enjoy the Luangwa Frontier Safari a combination between the founding camp, Luambe Camp, and the brand new bushcamp, Kasikizi Camp to experience the best of what Luambe…
- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Adventure through the Luangwa Valley on a nine day safari, uncovering new and exciting areas of both parks!
Enjoy the Luangwa Frontier Safari a combination between the founding camp, Luambe Camp, and the brand new bushcamp, Kasikizi Camp to experience the best of what Luambe National Park has to offer.
The north is now easily accessible with road transfers to and from Luambe National Park, so adding a 3 night stay at the new camp Takwela in North Luangwa completes this amazing trio of experiences.
These three small camps offer a private and personal safari while enjoying the natural beauty of the central and northern parts of the Luangwa Valley.
An 8 nights 9 days safari through the Luambwe National Park and North Luangwa National Park
- Explore the so far undiscovered south of the park from this new camp
- Walk along the Luangwa from camp and observe the nearby carmine bee-eater colony (Sept/Oct)
- Great chance of seeing Pukus, Waterbucks, Bushbuck & Giraffes almost daily on the floodplain from your own verandah
- The only camp in North Luangwa that offers both game drives and walking safaris to explore the park
- Amazing location at the Mwaleshi and Luangwa river confluence with over 450 hippos in this confluence stretch
- An open ‘wafwa’ in front of camp is a hotspot for lion, leopard, hippo, elephant, kudu, waterbuck, Cookson’s wildebeest and wild dog
- Sit amongst hundreds of hippos in camp & watch the birdlife in the riverine forest in and around camp
- Visit the northern and central parts of the park, including amazing cathedral mopane forests and the Chipuka Plains, wide open plains with a unique chance of seeing eland and good numbers of wildebeest amongst others of course
- If you’re lucky you may chance a leopard near camp or even at the camps waterhole
Day 1 - 4
THREE NIGHTS AT KASIKIZI BUSHCAMP, LUAMBE NATIONAL PARKAfter flying into Mfuwe, a Luambe staff member will meet you at the airport and after a 4 hour road transfer (with 2 hours through Luambe National Park), you will arrive at the brand new Kasikizi Bushcamp. With only three ensuite grass chalets overlooking a spectacular floodplain, guests can enjoy panoramic views of the Luangwa River. Kasikizi Camp is great for walking safaris, leaving straight from camp and heading out into the wilderness. The area around Kasikizi has been proven to be particularly good for lion and wild dog sightings and there is also an elephant crossing right in front of camp. Enjoy vast wilderness, starry dinners and sunrise breakfasts served on open fires on the floodplain while uncovering the secrets of the south
Day 4 - 6
THREE NIGHTS AT TAKWELA CAMP, NORTH LUANGWA NATIONAL PARKAfter a 4 hour road transfer, you will arrive at Takwela Camp in the beautifully untouched North Luangwa National Park. With just 2 chalets overlooking the Mwaleshi and Luangwa river confluence, Takwela offers a rare opportunity to visit an unexplored area of the vast North Luangwa wilderness in a very personal way. With amazing birding and wildlife sightings as well as natural springs near camp, guests can enjoy both game drives and walking safaris to explore this magnificent area.
Day 6 - 9
TWO NIGHTS AT LUAMBE CAMP, LUAMBE NATIONAL PARKReturn to Luambe National Park via road transfer to enjoy your final two nights at Luambe Camp, which offers a Luangwa Valley experience reminiscent of the early days in the valley – remote and wild! With 4 spacious, ensuite safari tents, guests can enjoy a spectacular location beneath the trees on the banks of the Luangwa River. One of only two camps in the entire park, your stay will ensure a very personal experience where you can be assured that you will have wildlife sightings all to yourself. Luambe Camp is the perfect end to this safari after exploring the frontiers in two magical parks.
- All accommodation
- Meals and drinks
- 2 safari activities a day
- National Park fees & bed levies
- Road transfers Mfuwe – Luambe – Takwela – Luambe – Mfuwe & laundry.
- Premium drinks
- Items of a personal nature & gratuities.
Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing
No Details Found