- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Ichingo Chobe River Lodge is on Impalila island on the Namibian side of the Chobe river. It is very private and tranquil on the island. The rustic look of the lodge provides a great atmosphere of style and comfort.
This is the ideal break for families, couples and groups. Visitors love the lounge, bar and open-air dining room area set above the Chobe River. Moreover, the safari activities on water and the opportunity to visit local villages nearby make this a unique location.
Accommodation is provided in 8 Meru-style safari tents – with air-conditioners! All the tents have newly-renovated en-suite bathrooms and private viewing decks. You can expect a true luxury hotel experience with king-size beds, dressing tables and bedside lamps. You also feel like you’re truly in the African bush with the sound of the river flowing past and fish eagles in the background.
For families, there is the option of a family tent which has an adjacent children’s tent, with two bunk-beds for up to four children under 12, plus an en-suite bathroom.
Ichingo Chobe River Lodge is, in fact, the sister lodge of the Chobe Princess Houseboats. If you want the perfect getaway, then it would be a good idea to combine a few nights stay at the lodge with a trip on one of the houseboats.
To get to the lodge you have to take a boat transfer from Kasane immigration.
Ichingo Chobe River Lodge offers the ideal location to experience all that the Chobe has to offer with the added benefit of being on the Namibian side of the river. Quieter, more secluded and personalized the lodge is ideal for families, couples or groups.
The lounge, bar and open air-dining room set above the flowing waters of the Chobe River provide the ultimate in comfort allowing you to completely unwind and enjoy the sights and sounds of a true African river safari experience
FACILITIES AND SERVICES
- Eight Meru-style safari tents with en-suite bathrooms.
- Private balcony overlooking the Chobe river
- All safari tents are on a deck out with a ceiling fan
- Tea and coffee station
- A seating area, safe, en-suite bathroom with shower and toilet
- The tents have gauze windows and doors to keep the mosquitoes at bay
- Each party will have a private guide
- You decide when you want to do the different activities
- Public areas include a lounge area
- Open air restaurant set under thatch and built over the river bank
- A swimming pool and bar area
Fishing can be done all year round in both the Zambezi and Chobe rivers.
Other activities include
- Game viewing by boat
- Guided walks on the island
- Village tours and visiting the huge baobab on Impalila island
Note that Ichingo Chobe River Lodge does not offer game drives as a scheduled activity. Game drives can be arranged at an additional charge if guests request this.
- All meals
- All soft drinks, mineral water, coffee, tea, local beer & wine
- Water-based game viewing and bird watching on tender boats
- A land-based cultural tour of a local village
- Tiger & bream fishing in season (tiger fishing is strictly catch and release)
- A vehicle based game drive in the Chobe National Park on the day of departure
- Transfers between Kasane Airport and Kasane Immigration Office, located on the Botswana side of the Chobe river
- 15% VAT
- Air tickets
- Community development levy (2019: R65 per person per night; 2020: R70 per person per night)
- Premium alcoholic beverages (such as sparkling wine, spirits & dessert wines)
- Additional transfers between Zambia / Zimbabwe / Namibia / any of the Kasane lodges
- Curio shop purchases
- Gratuities (at your discretion)
- Visa fees
- Pricing NameStartEndGroup (Min-Max)Pricing
No Details Found