- Trip Outline
- Trip Includes
- Trip Excludes
Join this Chimpanzee Trekking safari that will give you a close encounter with Chimpanzees in Uganda.
This 3 days Uganda Chimpanzee trekking safari will bring you on a chimp trek in Kibale forest. Chimpanzee trekking is schedule twice a day per day i.e. morning or afternoon. You are allowed to stay with the chimps for a maximum of one hour after locating them.
The forest is located in western Uganda with several crater lakes in the region. The area also has a number of tea plantations and factories because of its all year cool temperatures. You have an opportunity to visit a tea farm instead of the afternoon Bigodi swamp walk.
This 3 Days chimpanzee trekking safaris in Uganda leads you to Kibale forest Uganda’s largest home to different primate species.
During this 3 Days Chimpanzee trekking safari in Uganda we shall take you on a guided chimpanzee trekking experience in Kibale forest where you will encounter different species of primates and 1000’s of birds>
The 3 days Chimpanzee Trekking Safari in Uganda will see you visit Bigodi swamp and here you will meet with the local community for presentations as a form of supporting and giving back to the society so as to conserve the park.
Suggested lodges/Hotels for our 3 Days chimpanzee trekking safaris in Uganda
- Ndali lodge, Primate Lodge and crater safari lodge for (Luxury option)
- Chimpanzee guest house, Kibale forest Camp for (Midrange option)
- Kibale forest camp-Lazy camping and Rweteera lodge (Budget option)
Chimpanzee Trekking guidelines or trekking rules
- No smoking is allowed while with the Chimpanzee or within a distance of 200 meters from the Chimpanzee.
- Keep Distance of 7 meters (21 feet) away from the Chimpanzee.
- Do not use flash photography as they may scare the Chimpanzee.
- Do not make loud noise or move suddenly.
- Anyone with flue or Diarrhea or any sort of communicable diseases will not be allowed to enter the park for Chimpanzee trekking safari in Kibale Uganda.
- Always stay in a tight group while with the Chimpanzee and do not surround the Chimpanzee while meeting them.
- Persons aged below 15 years are not allowed to do Chimpanzee tracking.
What to carry for your Chimpanzee Trekking Safaris in Uganda
- Wear comfortable hiking shoes or closed boots suitable for steep muddy slopes.
- For those who may not be comfortable with jungle sounds Put on ear plugs.
- Carry packed lunch and enough drinking water.
- Don’t forget to carry rain gear, weather gloves, sunscreen lotion and a hat for unpredictable weather.
- Carry with you insect repellent.
- You can carry photo camera though using flashlight is not allowed in use during the encounter with Chimpanzees.
Transfer to Kibale Forest National Park.Pick up from your hotel early morning by our safari guide and drive to Kibale Forest National Park, Enjoying the scenic beauty all the way to the park. You will reach late in the afternoon to go visit the crater lakes regions near Ndali and later return to your Lodge for Dinner and overnight at Ndali Lodge/ Kyaninga Lodge / Primates Lodge (Luxury), Chimp Nest Tree House/ Chimpanzee View Guest house, Isunga Lodge(Midrange) Rweteera Safari Park /Rwenzori travelers Inn (Budget).
Chimpanzee Trekking Safari in Kibale national park and Bigodi swamp walkUp early report to the ranger station to start tracking chimpanzees in the forest and this will enable you view other primates like the colobus monkeys, Mangabeys, baboons, Bushbabies and many more.You will move with a guide who will make your walk informative and productive making it interesting. He will provide information on both flora and fauna. Have lunch and then in the afternoon you will go for a walk to Bigodi (Known for bird watching) sanctuary for plenty of birds and rare fauna and flora.Dinner and overnight at Ndali Lodge/ Kyaninga Lodge, Primates Lodge (Luxury), Chimp Nest Tree House/ Chimpanzee View Guest house(Midrange) /Rwenzori travelers Inn
Date : July 20, 2020
Drive back to KampalaAs we make an end to our 3 Days chimpanzee trekking safaris in Uganda, we shall have an early breakfast then drive back to Kampala city with an optional visit to Semuliki hot spring before returning back to Kampala and that will mark an end to our 3 Days chimpanzee trekking safari in Uganda.Meal plan Breakfast and packed lunch
- Accommodation in the selected lodges in shared Double/twin room.
- Meal as per trip plan.
- Chimpanzee trekking permit for each valid for a day.
- Bigodi community walk.
- Visit to the crater lakes.
No Details Found